Some people may wonder why you would want to go to the trouble of having a custom tile bullnose applied to a ceramic tile when you can just go to the local tile store and buy an off the shelf tile trim or a pre-made ceramic edging tile.
Here’s some common and practical reasons and uses for tile edging,
This will help to explain why most people decide on having tile edging or ceramic edging applied to their tiles instead of using a pre-made option.
- When you apply tile edging to your floor tile, your always going to end up with a perfectly matching edging tile.
- Your edging tile has a much larger gluing area meaning the likely hood of the tile becoming unstuck is reduced significantly.
- You are also limiting the number of grout joints.
- Unfortunately most of the time a plastic or aluminum tile trim is not suitable for use on floors which means when they are used for stairs they almost always become loose and fall apart over time.
Some of the most common applications for an edging tile with a custom tile bullnose applied to it are…
- Stairs, Stair nosing tiles are very commonly used with tile edging applications, and when you add the anti-slip grooves to the tile, the tile bullnose or tile edging really is an obvious choice.
- Swimming Pools, Swimming Pool Coping is another very popular and practicle use of tile edging, in fact most of our clients use our tile bullnose profiles on swimming pool applications.